Friday, August 27, 2010

Skipped A Day


Left on August 25, 2010, flew a total of 22 hours (26 hours travel time,) skipped August 26th due to the International Date Line, and arrived in Sydney on August 27, 2010.  Made it to Island Breeze, Sydney.  YWAM’s DTS has a lot to offer.  It’s strange to think that these thirty plus strangers will soon be my family.  Everyone is friendly and we are all here with one common purpose – to answer the call of Jesus.  They plan to turn us into warriors who are whole-heartedly strong for Jesus.  Fearless, unapologetic, courageous.
Right now I’m trying to be open.  Amidst so many distractions, I can’t lose sight on the One who is most important.  The Reason why I am here is to lose it all for Christ.  I can’t hear him speaking to me right now but it’s been hard to listen.  YWAM seems like a six-month intensive Christian camp.  Reminds me of spruce lake but a bit more extreme. 
We are supposed to have Sunday and Monday off to engage in free time.  I plan to explore this country during that time.  There is a train station within walking distance that can be taken into the city or to the beach. 
Things to buy:
1.     Hairspray
2.     Bathing suit
3.     Wetsuit
4.     Watch
I feel completely cut off from the outside world.  Perhaps this is a good thing.  We are allowed three hours of internet time a week.  No video Skype.  I suppose all I will have is email.  

1 comment:

  1. It must be difficult to concentrate for long stretches at a time.
    Do they let you get up and stretch? Maybe you could ask for breaks once in a while.
    Spruce Lake was fun for you. Remember Mission Impossible?
    love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete