Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fijian Rugby


            There are approximately 20 Fijian men staying with us for the next two weeks.  They are good looking, polite, attractive, fun-loving, nice teeth, (I could go on.)  This will be fun.  They love watching American television for some reason.  They watch it with subtitles.
            My favorite escape of the day has been my daily run.  Normally the run only lasts a half hour but it’s great to get off the base and see the country.  Today I stole off at sunset and saw beautiful landscapes of palm tree silhouettes and the first star rising across a dark sky. 
            I left my wallet at Hillsong.  Today Tania, the base director, took me to the church/ bible college to retrieve it.  All of the cash and contents were still there.  Amazing.  It was nice to spend some one on one time with Tania.  She is like a second mother to all of us.  So loving, so strong, forgiving, understanding; yet forceful. 
            Today is Alipate’s birthday.  He is also Fijian and enjoys having the rugby team here.  The boys here feel like brothers and most of the girls are good friends.  I am so thankful to be here.  We’re learning how to recognize the voice of God right now.  Our speaker, Ettione is great!  He’s South African and has enough energy to keep the whole class engaged for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment