Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 3


            Our days are packed.  I stole away for a 20 minute run yesterday.  Though extremely short of breath, I felt free.  Going from living alone to a small room with 10 roommates and 35 housemates is quite a switch.  My biggest difficulty is staying awake in the classroom.  The things the speakers are saying is great but I cannot focus my attention for more than an hour.  Perhaps its because church sermons are one hour in length and that’s the only auditory learning I’ve engaged in for the past five years. 

            One Fijian girl here is 28 years old.  We shared our stories of how our lives were changed yesterday in a group.  Her story is very similar to mine though we were on opposite sides of the globe.  Every student here is easy to talk to because we all have the common bond of seeing Christ first in our lives. 

            The morning devotionals and quiet times have been amazing.  It’s a time of solitude where only God can come in.  He’s been speaking to me and I’ve been writing it down.  Afterwards, the page laying in front of me is scribbled with truth specifically written to me.  It addresses my life and my struggles but looks like a page town out of scripture.  Hard to describe.   

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy! Gwen, you are in the right place. You will learn soooo much! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gwen, what you are going through sounds pretty amazing and I am so happy for you! I plan to follow your blog. :o) I just started one of my own as well. -Jodi

    ReplyDelete